How to buy a new home.
(Good news: It's easier than you think.)
Like anything else, buying a home is easier when you know what to expect. Read below to familiarize yourself with each step of the process, from the first phase of construction to any warranty work required after move-in. After signing your contract, you'll also be able to use our software management system, The Road Home, which provides access to all the information about your home from contract through closing. But most important of all, feel free to ask us questions by phone, email or in person. We're here to make sure your experience is both easy and exciting. (In a good way, of course.)
Purchasing a Home 101
1. Meet with a Wonderland Sales Consultant to finalize preliminary decisions:
• Floor plan
• Elevation (exterior design)
• Options that will affect the building permit, such as number of fireplaces and basement finish
2. Execute a purchase agreement (contract) and put down a deposit, commonly known as earnest money.
3. Apply for a mortgage with one of our approved lenders or one of your choosing.
4. Provide us with a pre-qualification letter from your lender, which lets us know that they are reasonably certain you will qualify for your mortgage.
5. Lender verifies your ability to purchase and prepares a loan package.
6. Meet with your Sales Consultant and third party suppliers, such as appliance and flooring vendors, to personalize your home selections.
7. Meet with us a few times during construction to formally review our progress. You are always welcome to visit the site and to monitor the construction of your home online at The Road Home.
8. About a month before completion, our Closing Coordinator gives you a firm closing date so that you can finalize moving plans.
9. Attend a Homeowner's Orientation (or walk-through) to learn all about the functions of your home and ensure everything is in accord with your selections.
10. Attend a Verification Inspection, to make sure that defects (if any) identified during the Orientation have been corrected.
11. Closing! The happy day you receive the keys to your new Wonderland home.